Meseron Sales Corporation, Equipment Specialists For The Health Care Industry
The Shepherd Pressure Management Mattress stays ahead of the curve in mattress technology.
Substantial in thickness, firmness and comfort, its die cut pattern of convoluted top foam provides ultimate comfort for patients at risk or in the early stages of decubitus ulcers.
Meseron Sales Shepherd Pressure Management Mattress
The Meseron Sales' Shepherd's top layer of foam was designed specifically to enhance patient comfort while offering remedial support in the aid and prevention of vulnerable pressure sensitive areas, including pressure ulcers in their early stages. The die cut pattern contains over 2000 cells specifically fabricated to uniformly distribute the patient's body weight. The convoluted pattern also helps reduce maceration as well as patient shear. The base layer of foam consists of 24 horizontal die cuts that softens the overall feel of the mattress. These special die cuts allow the top foam layer to move more freely, helping reduce patient shear. The base layer also contains a five degree heel slope designed to alleviate pressure on sensitive areas of the patient's feet.
The mattress cover is a blended neoprene and butyl synthetic material with a low moisture vapor transmission (MVT) rate, that prevents fluids from entering the mattress. It is antibacterial and meets federal guidelines for fire resistance and strength. The cover also has a non-skid bottom surface, and a three sided zipper for easy removal.
Side bolsters come as an optional feature that raises the side of the mattress two inches above the surface and reminds the patient that they are close to the edge of the bed. The bolsters are also reinforced with sturdy foam, surrounding the perimeter of the mattress. Cut-outs are also centered on the bolsters to allow for easy patient ingress/egress.
The standard size of the Meseron Sales' Shepherd is 35" x 80" x 6". Custom sizes, including bariatric, are available to accommodate the patient's bed frame size.
THE SHEPHERD Pressure Management Mattress System
SoFlux LVT Cover
• Nylon synthetic fabric with blended neoprene and butyl coating
• Fluid proof with low moisture vapor transmission (MVT) rate
• Antimicrobial and antifungal
• Non-skid or vinyl bottom surface
• Three sided zipper for easy removal and cleaning
Convoluted Top Layer
• 2.5" 2.5 lb. antimicrobial die cut convoluted foam (ILD 27)
• Designed with over 2,000 individual 1" die cuts
• Side bolsters (shown) available
• Convoluted top layer can be replaced with visco-elastic
"memory foam" layer
• 3.5" 1.8 lb. antimicrobial base foam (ILD 35)
• Designed with 24 die cuts on the top of the base layer giving top layer added flexibility and responsiveness
• 5 degree heel slope redistributes pressure from the patient's feet onto the legs, assisting with the prevention and the maintenance of pressure ulcers
Shepherd Mattress Specifications
• Standard Size: 35" x 80" x 6"
• Custom sizes available including bariatric sizes
• Available with 2" side-bolsters
• Maximum weight: 350 lbs.
• Consult frame manufacturer regarding capacity
• Five year warranty on all Shepherd mattresses
• All components of the Shepherd mattress are latex free
• Four-Way Stretch cover available as an option
• Meets Cal Tech bulletin 117 fire safety standards
MADE IN THE U.S.A.
THE GUARDIAN Pressure Management Mattress System